Friday, May 18, 2012

Relieved and Thankful

I have been on a blogging hiatus the last week or so because I have been studying, studying and more studying for finals.  As of today I have officially finished my first year of graduate school and boy does it feel GREAT! My head is not so clear right now because all I can think about are the residual terms that are left swirling around my brain right now, like dysphonia, hypokinetic dysarthria, obturator and velopharyngeal port!  However, I am reminded of how thankful I am to be working towards a profession that I feel so compassionate about and that makes a difference in people's lives.  I found this quote a few weeks back and it really resonated (no I am not talking about hyper or hyponasality ;)) with me.  It is simply stated, but is wisdom to us all. 


All you speechies out there are probably cringing at the grammar there, but it just wouldn't be the same without that "good" :)

On another note I am excited to start a new chapter in my graduate career....Internships!  I start a summer internship in a week working in a pediatric private practice!  So look forward to some new posts and updates soon!  

1 comment:

  1. Em! I love this quote! Thanks so much for being a wonderful "Study Buddy!" You truly are amazing and I cant wait to hear all about your internship!

    Looking forward to the summer posts!

    Good Luck! I know you will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete